Saturday, July 26, 2014

Well it took a while but…. I"M HERE!!!…I arrived in Amsterdam on time and was able to take advantage of KLM's special lounges for those that bought BUSINESS class tickets (which I upgraded to ;-) )…I ate some food and watched a few episodes of STRIKE BACK that I downloaded in order to keep me somewhat occupied while I had some waiting time.Sooo my flight to Nairobi was delayed over 2 hours due to electrical issues :-(.We had already boarded but was told to DEboard since the a/c of the plane was going to be turned off while the repairs were being done.I sent a couple of messages to GAMEWATCHERS to let them that I'd be 2 hours late (which I found out they got).ANyway once we got underway I just EMBELLISHED in BUSINESS CLASS :-)…oh man it was niiiiiice :-D…great food and wine and all the niceties that come with it…and to be ale to turn my seat into a bed at a touch of a button was VERY cool…and I needed the naps while in flight…
  Arrived in Nairobi at 11:00pm…was able to rush through immigration and customs…get my bag and HOPE that I'd find my ride waiting for me at the door entrance of the airport….oh MAN there were DOZENS of people holding signs but I quickly found my guys holding my name in bold letters :-D…VREY nice guys and one gave me a nice glossy brochure about GAMEWATCHERS and my itinerary…ANyway my overnight hotel (called EKA hotel) was only 10 minutes away and is only 2 years old….VERY fancy :-P and modern…and GATED/GUARDED so no worries there.
  Tomorrow morning I'm being picked up at 8am to start my safari :-)….I'm SOO looking forward to go in country...

No comments:

Post a Comment